The American Society Of Mechanical Engineers promotes the art, science & practice of multidisciplinary engineering and allied sciences around the globe.
ASME is a not-for-profit membership organization that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing, career enrichment, and skills development across all engineering disciplines, toward a goal of helping the global engineering community develop solutions to benefit lives and livelihoods. Founded in 1880 by a small group of leading industrialists, ASME has grown through the decades to include more than 140,000 members in 151 countries. Thirty-thousand of these members are students.
From college students and early-career engineers to project managers, corporate executives, researchers and academic leaders, ASME’s members are as diverse as the engineering community itself. ASME serves this wide-ranging technical community through quality programs in continuing education, training and professional development, codes and standards, research, conferences and publications, government relations and other forms of outreach.
MISION: ASME’s mission is to serve diverse global communities by advancing, disseminating and applying engineering knowledge for improving the quality of life; and communicating the excitement of engineering.
VISION: ASME aims to be the essential resource for mechanical engineers and other technical professionals throughout the world for solutions that benefit humankind.
Core Values: In performing its mission, ASME adheres to these core values:
- Embrace integrity and ethical conduct
- Embrace diversity and respect the dignity and culture of all people
- Nurture and treasure the environment and our natural and man-made resources
- Facilitate the development, dissemination and application of engineering knowledge
- Promote the benefits of continuing education and of engineering education
- Respect and document engineering history while continually embracing change
- Promote the technical and societal contribution of engineers
Kindly explore the ASME official website for further information-